Middle Office Operations Officer (m/f)
Consultant Silvan Reich
Date posted 03 December 2018 2018-12-032019-01-29 banking Claridenstrasse 41 8002 Zurich Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ch https://www.robertwalters.ch/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
We are currently looking for an experienced Global Markets Middle Office Operations Officer for a well known international Bank in Zurich, in order to join their expanding team around the topics of global market products and transaction banking.
Global Markets Middle Office Operations Officer (100%, m/f)
As a Global Markets Middle Office Operations Officer (m/f) you will work alongside third parties to ensure all transactions are recorded into the appropriate booking systems.
- Act as an interface between the trading/sales desks and the support functions for all issues, including unmatched trades, booking queries and counterparty agreement reviews (ISDA/CSA etc)
- Perform Front Office/Front Office and Front Office/Back Office validation of trades and respective cash flows
- Manage lifecycle events ensuring that they are processed accurately and on time, engaging with third parties where required
- Ensure that all exception queues and wash book positions are cleared on a daily basis.
- Report daily P&L flash
- Resolve exception items that all reconciliations identify in a timely manner minimizing the exposure to the business
- Derive procedures, checklists, process flows and key metrics for consumption by management.
- Assist in project work to enhance processes, controls and product offerings
- Swiss / EU passport or valid Swiss work permit
- Higher education or University degree in business administration
- Min. 3 years work experience in a Middle Office function
- Strong understanding of Global Market products, i.e. FX, derivatives, interest rate derivatives, commodities and securities
- Hard-working, result-oriented, problem solver with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good Microsoft office skills
- Fluent in English; German and Russian language is an advantage
If this sounds like an interesting and challenging opportunity to you we look forward to your application.