Global Category Manager – Direct Materials
Standort St. GallenFULL_TIME
Berater Joris van de Pas
Aktuell seit 1. November 2022other procurement-and-supply-chain/supply-chain 2022-11-01 2022-12-31 purchasing-and-procurement St. Gallen CH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ch https://www.robertwalters.ch/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
To support the supply chain division, we are looking for an ambitious Global Category Manager – Direct Materials for an international Swiss company with their HQ based in St. Gallen, either immediately or by agreement.
In this demanding job, the Global Category Manager – Direct Materials will fulfill a central key role for our client.
- Management of own material categories and functional category team (capacity, knowledge management, performance)
- Accountable for contributing to the global Direct Material & Supply Base Performance (QCD)
- Accountable for the category specific achievement of the objectives of cost optimization, supply base optimization, geographic sourcing footprint and Best Cost Country Sourcing
- Providing forward-looking guidance on trends, threats and opportunities in own categories (eg. raw materials etc.)
- Act as a change agent in regards to main stakeholders.
- Perform the development of category sourcing strategies applying and complying with defined methods and tools.
- Contribution to main Sourcing KPIs
- Actively monitors and performs a supply base risk assessment across its own categories
- Participates in and contributes to continuous improvement of direct material practices
- 10+ years in-depth strategic and operational sourcing experience with a solid working knowledge of global category management
- Demonstrated work experience on category specific production techniques and processes
- Sourcing in Eastern Europe, Asia and experience in Best Cost Country and spend relocation activities
- Working experience within a global complex organization
- Experience in the field of machine building, vacuum technology and semiconductors
- Sensible and emphatic communication skills with suppliers, colleagues, internal stakeholders, etc.
- Strong analytical skills (risk based) and focus on the essential facts
- A high resilience, confident appearance and adequate assertiveness
- Very good communication skills in German and English
- 20% international travel required
Gehaltsspanne: confidentialStandort: St. GallenVeröffentlicht: 16. November 2022Strategic Purchaser
Gehaltsspanne: confidentialStandort: St. GallenVeröffentlicht: 29. November 2022Supplier Development & Quality Manager
Gehaltsspanne: confidentialStandort: SolothurnVeröffentlicht: 9. November 2022Zur Unterstützung der Beschaffung suchen wir per sofort oder nach Vereinbarung eine*n Senior Purchaser, technischer Einkäufer (m/w/d) für ein Schweizer Grossunternehmen im Grossraum Solothurn.